Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the NGK iridium plugs in their 1000R motor? any results? Plug ID please. They are pricey but very reliable in other engines I have had. However I have not yet found a 'clean' cross reference to the OEM plug. There seems to be some differences in the model year plugs. I am sure mine is a heat range 8 plug but for some reason after a year there is no clear cross. I'm new to this motor and looking to glean from the group. Maybe I'm looking in wrong place but wondering if there is any experience.
Thx

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think his model ('21) uses NGK "LMAR8C-9", and that one's not pulling up with the IX suffix. Don't know what's different about that one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was getting ready to post, sorry I should have included that for clarity on original post. It appears it may be a 10mm plug instead of the 12mm that is what most other 1000R motors have. Once again I am new to this motor and do not know what the different generations, if any, are.
I saw that some on eBay have called the LMAR8C-9 an 'iridium' but I doubt it, probably just a sales hook.
Some of the numbers coming up from sellers are a different heat range as well as 12mm with different reach specs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir, I did a comparison chart to the OEM regular plug (93833) and the only real physical difference appears to be the iridium is not a projected plug, since that could affect flame pattern, I wonder if that is reason that the plug does not seem to be listed for the 1000R? Did you find it in a book listing or by a plug to plug comparison? Iridium is also a threaded top stud so instead of the smooth stud as OEM, but if it comes with the nuts then it should physically work.

·
Administrator
27,517 Posts
I came across number on a cross reference search once you posted up the oem number. Then did search for new number and summit was fist to cone up then I went to napa website punched number in to get there info pages .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts