Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see if I could get some information from the fellow can am defender owners with doors. So I had an RZR and then a Commander. Both had half windshields and a rear panels and roofs. when the Half windshields were on them I had minimum to zero dust in the cab when riding. When I put the full windshields on them, then I had the dust swirl in the cabs with the rear panel and roofs on them. Now on my Defender I have the Can Am flip out windshield that has the three positions. fully closed(lots of dust in cab), partially cracked(we get dusty on these rides too), fully open(no dust, but tornado of air coming through). My Defender has a roof and a rear windshield. So here's my question..... If i put doors on it will the dust go away? Will half doors help cut down the dust? It seems that after our rides it is mostly our pants and shoes covered in dust. I'm thinking half doors would be a help and full doors would eliminate the issue kinda like a truck. I can deal with it but listening to the wife complain get's old. And leaving her home is not an option. haha So I would like to hear what everyone else has going on for dust control. I appreciate any advice and Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the doors off and the doors on my Max Cab - and never really noticed the dust that bad with the doors off. With the doors on there isn't any air that gets through and its like riding in a car. I've had Rangers with cabs and the Can Am is amazingly airtight where the Ranger had leaks like crazy. My guess is that 1/2 doors would cut the dust down quit a bit. I've always just unrolled the windows but half doors would probably cut the dust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts