Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi 800rev
i have forwarded the email to my dealer ,
adrenaline atv as all the xt units are street legal , not sure about the limited slip , but i will let you know when i hear back which should be tuesday

thanks uk commander
ps had to post here as the email would not let me send as i have less than 5 threads ?

800 rev question
Do you live in the UK? I was wondering if you can do me a favor. It seems that Can-Am Europe has a street legal kit for the Commander. There is a rumor of a limited slip differential for street use. The next time you visit your dealer, can you find out what the part number is and price? Thanks,

·
Registered
726 Posts
hi 800rev
i have forwarded the email to my dealer ,
adrenaline atv as all the xt units are street legal , not sure about the limited slip , but i will let you know when i hear back which should be tuesday

thanks uk commander
ps had to post here as the email would not let me send as i have less than 5 threads ?

800 rev question
Do you live in the UK? I was wondering if you can do me a favor. It seems that Can-Am Europe has a street legal kit for the Commander. There is a rumor of a limited slip differential for street use. The next time you visit your dealer, can you find out what the part number is and price? Thanks,
Thanks, This will help a lot off people out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi 800 rev
i have had a email back and which is attached from my dealer ,
all the EU MODEL have a limited slip differential for legal street use .
when i spoke to nathan he said all the parts are listed on the EU version of the parts web site , all you do is get the part no and order , he can supply direct ,

thanks ukcommander
ps does any body know what he is talking about a power module from can am

email : reply
Thanks for the info.

Its not a kit they sell, the only way to find all the parts you would need would be to go on the online parts catalog on our website and get all the parts for the machine, it still would not be classed as and EC model as it would not have gone through the Homologation.

We are still waiting for the power module from BRP for you machine, I will give you and update as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Found it, posted number on my street legal thread. Thanks

I hope that power module is a unlocked ECM that has all the limitations taken out. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it on good authority that is exactly what it is
The ECM is unlocked with no restriction as we Brits would not buy the commander
if we were limited to lowered road legal US and canadian standard
The speed limit here is 70 mph with motorway restriction just been lifted to 86 mph
50 mph on country road were signed.
60 mph on most major road.
30 mph were street light Or signed
All green lane have a national speed limitr
You only get a telling off for that speed if they catch you.
I was told the max limit is 85 with the stock module even with after market parts
This will allow 110 mph with mods clutch ect , I know a Brit company who are preparing a commander for the Dakar
Another piece of info is that the dealer will carry on any the cam an warranty
On mode gear provided by 3 other Uk supplier
This included a clutch upgrade similar to Airdam
The long travel kits from blingstar
And various other bit
it nice to know if I have the mods done they fix it under warranty

Cheers Uk commander

1 - 5 of 5 Posts