Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking for some more people from the Boise area (Ada/Canyon Counties, and even Mountain Home) and since we seem to have a few I figured I'd start.

I just joined Boise ATV Riders and we have a planned ride from Idaho City to Miner's Grave and back next Saturday, and I figured I'd see if any of you wanted to come out.

-Kris

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update on this ride.

It was simply amazing!

Route was from the Idaho City High School football field parking lot out to Pilot Peak, Wilson Peak, Miner's Grave (unknown miner died on that spot and was buried in 1888 where they found him), out towards Centerville, then to Pioneerville (one of the last standing gold/silver mining communities that's so old they didn't use nails but wooden pegs for buildings), and then back to the football field.

Total ride was around 62 miles, took a full 8 hours.

We had a lot of ATV's of various makes/models, a couple of the Razor 800's, and a WildCat that "I think" was the 1000cc machine. We stayed away from him after he "accidentally" rammed one of the Razors.

Needless to say, I was the only UTV there and there is no way I can tell you how happy my Mander has made me. Pilot Peak is roughly 8200 feet above sea level and Wilson Peak is around 7800 feet above sea level, and had zero issues with the elevation. I could see the difference in some of the ATV's and in the two Razors we had in the group once we got over 7000 feet. I was even able to drive through (not over, through!) some of the snow drifts we still had at elevation. The ATV's didn't try, one of the two Razors got stuck before getting to the top of the snow drift, and the WildCat drove around it.

I'm sore since I had the coil overs on the first notch up from the stock setting and I should have knocked them all back down to the stock setting, but glad I had it there since I needed a little extra clearance due to some of the rocky climbs we drove over. I even had to help one of the ATV'ers in the group with climbing a really rocky area since she had issues with getting high-centered on her Honda Rancher 4x4.

Overall, I had a fantastic time and the missus and I are looking to do another ride really soon .... just not that long :)

-Kris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts