Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this whole game and I just bought a 2014 Commander Max with full front glass and a vinyl back window. Living in ND, the winters make it much more difficult to enjoy wheeling around for half of the year so I was looking at adding doors and a heater.

Has anyone had any experience with the 'Ice Crusher' brand heaters? The look like a pretty decent setup and the price doesn't look outrageous. I found it on coupersproducts.com.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I personally haven’t heard of the brand you speak of, or the website but there are threads on here on this subject. Use the search function and you will get all kinds of info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed a full cab on my wolverine with the ice crusher heater. If I had a full cab in my commander, I don't think I would need a heater to stay warm because of the heat coming from engine cowling. But you will need to keep the frost and ice off the windshield. The Ice crusher provides some defrosting, but not enough to keep the windshield ice free. Doesn't keep the dew off in the summer either. It also requires 12 hose clamps added to the coolant system. All acceptable to leaks. I think some folks have used electric heated fans for the windshields.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I installed a full cab on my wolverine with the ice crusher heater. If I had a full cab in my commander, I don't think I would need a heater to stay warm because of the heat coming from engine cowling. But you will need to keep the frost and ice off the windshield. The Ice crusher provides some defrosting, but not enough to keep the windshield ice free. Doesn't keep the dew off in the summer either. It also requires 12 hose clamps added to the coolant system. All acceptable to leaks. I think some folks have used electric heated fans for the windshields.
Nice. Good info for the OP. That should help him. Thanks for chiming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts