Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2018 (it was a left over) Commander XT 800R and did a little mudding with it. Unfortunately I broke the front section of the fender flare on the driver's side when it laid over into a mud wall! Took the fender flare off and taught myself to weld plastic and ready to reinstall. My only problem is one bolt pulled through and is still in the side panel, but it spins freely rather than unscrewing. So guessing I need to get that side panel off to unscrew the bolt to reattach the flare. But I can't find anywhere a "how to" on getting the side panel off. Don't want to disassemble more than I need to or chase rabbit trails looking for hidden push pins etc. It there a diagram or video anyone knows of? Thanks in advance for any insights!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to takeoff just enough body pins and clips to be able to get a wrench on the nut. Unscrewed it, put the repaired piece in place and put the bolt back through without moving the wrench and nut! Good as new (a little less pretty( and ready for mo
re.fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts