Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new to me 2015 XT 800R with full windshield. Went to do the first drive today and it was like a blow dryer from behind sucking in all the dust and blowing it from the rear to the front of the cockpit. Have never seen anything like this.

Solutions?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Do not ride in dusty conditions. :)
Seriously, I think a rear windscreen is the solution, or at least helps.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Take pool noodles and put it between bed and cab. That will help but rear window and seal up every crack in bad of cab with rear window is only way to slow it down . Or remove windshield when it's warm enough.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Happens with any UTV with a full windshield. Try venting between glass/cage, adding vents, or adding a rear net and venting. Just comes with the territory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
According to Can-am a person cn't use their rear screens if you have their snorkel kit installed, is that right?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the rear windscreen and a snorkel kit installed without any issues. The windscreen does improve the dust not coming in the cab alot but I would still install like others have said pool noodles to seal the crack and that will eliminate most of the dust sucking through.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the rear windscreen and a snorkel kit installed without any issues. The windscreen does improve the dust not coming in the cab alot but I would still install like others have said pool noodles to seal the crack and that will eliminate most of the dust sucking through.
What kinda windscreen? Plastic or mesh? You have the Can-am snorkel kit like the one I posted above? Got any pics?
Thx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where exactly does the poodle noodle go? I have the tusk flexible rear window now as well...not if the noodle goes in front or behind the fabic. Also, what size diameter noodle? I have the 3.5 x 55 maybe too thick?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, put it together best I could. Will test tomorrow in the badlands...should be plenty dusty!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Split windshield, rear window-net combined with the "pool noodle" works pretty well.

This is the system I have used for several years and it works very well.

Where exactly does the poodle noodle go? I have the tusk flexible rear window now as well...not if the noodle goes in front or behind the fabic. Also, what size diameter noodle? I have the 3.5 x 55 maybe too thick?
Use a pool noodle and lift your bed up. Cut the noodle and put it around the crossbar for the bed release. You will have to slam the bed pretty good to get it to latch. It will seal the gap between the bed and cab reducing the dust coming up in the gap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts