Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought me a 2019 can am commander 800r and looking to buy new rims and tires. My question is whats the best set up with the 2 inch lift I just bought? I bought the racer tech can am lift kit. Wanting to do mud riding so looking for mud tire set up thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,310 Posts
That all depends on if you want to do a clutch . Do 30” with clutch 29” max with out .

·
Super Moderator
25,310 Posts
I’m not a aftermarket clutch guy. So I can’t answer that question . I do have a stm primary and secondary with 300 ish miles on it for sale . It’s tuned for 30” rubber but it’s also tuned for a 800 turbo. So not sure what all would need to be done to switch the tune around for stock 1000.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Your clutches ace would give the bottom end grunt needed for playing in mud and not burning belts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Agreed on the 29.5-30 range with bracket lift, and depending on tire, minor trim may be needed on back. I've ran cvtech primary, with just spring in secondary, it did better than stock, but switched to a atm primary and secondary, hard setup to beat. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm running 29.5" Outlaw 2's, with a clutch lock up, and different springs and weights. Can't remember exactly what they were now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts