Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share this, I have been wanting a quick access gun rack for my shot gun for bird hunting for 2 years now and just couldn't find anything that was made for the commander that worked for me so I came up with this yesterday. So simple and cheap. It is just a bedrail with two small pieces of bedrail attached to either side and pipe clamps holding it in place. About 30 dollars total investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Nice! Good job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been thinking of making one that would semi conceal it to the bottom of the roof.

You did a good job. Simple indeed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check the ones made for a pick up rear window. They can probably be mounted under the roof. I had an old PU with a double roof and mounted one above the sun visors

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought some of the gun mounts from Can tire and mounted them to the upper roll bar under my roof. My remington 870 fits up in there perfectly. I will snap some pics when i get a moment.

·
Registered
837 Posts
this is what the gun rack is for!!

shot up here in Alberta yesterday by a friend of my brothers

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm about to make one or have one made similar but I need two guns up there. Nice work what r u calling bed rail? 1" square tubing or something else?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Details

I thought I would share this, I have been wanting a quick access gun rack for my shot gun for bird hunting for 2 years now and just couldn't find anything that was made for the commander that worked for me so I came up with this yesterday. So simple and cheap. It is just a bedrail with two small pieces of bedrail attached to either side and pipe clamps holding it in place. About 30 dollars total investment.

Could you take a few more pics of where is attached to your cage? What are the gun clamps made of or did you buy those?

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am making a version of this now. I welded two homemade plates to each front roll bar. These plates will be used to bolt a 1 inch cross bar in between the two front roll bars. On this one inch cross bar I am bolting on two Kolpin XL grips. I will get a pic when I finish it (hopefully tonight).

·
Registered
2016 Can Am Commander Max
8 Posts
Built this overhead gun rack for my commander max out of some scrap metal I had laying around. The padded clamps and all thread was the only real expense. Holds gun parallel to the console between the seats so no one hits their head getting in the ride. Could easily be modified to hold two guns too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts