Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized something. I don't think that was an X to start with. Look at the dash, it has a base model display on it. Makes since I guess since they changed everything out. The plastics is what made me think it was the X.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know, that exhaust will fit an OEM application. They would really be limiting themselves if they only made it for that set up. If you look at it, it sits right where the stock ones would be at.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As far as I know, that exhaust will fit an OEM application. They would really be limiting themselves if they only made it for that set up. If you look at it, it sits right where the stock ones would be at.
Not exactly. This one will only work with the bed delete kit. It would be cool if they offered two bed options. One with the standard bed with upper and lower levels and one with only the upper level. More options for exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think your right. I stand corrected. I hope their working on one for the standard bed. It just doesn't make good business sense if their not. Here is a pic I found showing the stock one. Also, does it look like they are using the same stock fox shocks for the holtz system? That would be great for us X guys if we don't have to buy extra shocks for their kit. This pic has the normal shocks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
even if mbrp would come out with a can that would replace the oem muffler just like snowmobiles, that would be better than nothing. Can't have a machine sounding stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wasnt saying it was stupid i meant to say that if you look at it from the back it kind of looks narrow and that makes it look stupid and I relize that maby I said the wrong words but It was just an opinion not a fact.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm curious to know how much weight the bed delete kits takes off? I think I read that the ones for the rhino and teryx romove like 100lbs so this should atleast tkae that much off.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm curious to know how much weight the bed delete kits takes off? I think I read that the ones for the rhino and teryx romove like 100lbs so this should atleast tkae that much off.
I would say at least 150lbs, maybe more, because of the double bed. I also think after market will come out with a kit, to remove the bottom bed, and still retain upper bed. Then what ever exhaust you decide on, you could run it.
Casper49G I agree with you, looks less boxy!

:cool:
SS

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
As I recall the bed on the Commander is all or mostly composite. The Yamaha Rhino has a partially steel/partially composite bed. I am not sure how much difference there will be between them. If you take off the bed are you going to run it like the Holz one with just the fenders and some bracing for them?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
As I recall the bed on the Commander is all or mostly composite. The Yamaha Rhino has a partially steel/partially composite bed. I am not sure how much difference there will be between them. If you take off the bed are you going to run it like the Holz one with just the fenders and some bracing for them?
atvoutfitters.net When its all said and done ( might take awhile ) I would like to go like the Holz one. I'm into sand and desert, I would want a spare tire mount back there too, probably fuel cell? and a storage area for odds and ends. Light Weight and High HP!! for ripping through the Dunes

:cool:
SS

1 - 20 of 38 Posts