Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
That passenger has some balls riding in that commander with stock seat beats....riding bitch is tough in a UTV

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
riding shotgun

I train my passengers to push as hard as they can with there legs. 2000 foot drop seat belt not a factor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Love the mix and match wheels!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The road is shale and cuts tires like crazy, plus its very rough and washed out. I have three sets of wheels and tires ready to rock. I always match per axle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grey key

lost the black one, had the grey reprogramed to black. Then found the black but now it does not work. Yeah high tech
Very observant people on this board.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Damn Son, What if you met one of those loggers on the way up, or hung one of those trees with a front rim... OH WAIT, I do the same thing...If you had Wicked Built Steering you can do the same thing with one hand! nice run..."When in doubt, Throttle out!" EIFINO!

·
Registered
120 Posts
If this is the type of riding you do most of the time, I wouldn't worry about power steering. At the speeds you are running power steering is not needed. Slow technical driving is were I see the true benefits of the uni-steer.
Nice video !!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
If this is the type of riding you do most of the time, I wouldn't worry about power steering. At the speeds you are running power steering is not needed. Slow technical driving is were I see the true benefits of the uni-steer.
Nice video !!!
Sorry, but i would have to disagree some.

It keeps you from Dieing , in a high speed crash , caused by a rut,rock,or any smaller obstruction that could jerk the steering out of your hand without power steering . IMO

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Cool video. I would love to ride somewhere like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
EPS high speed

You guys are both right, its easier to steer at high speed but I have to keep a loose grip as the road is cut from rock with lots of ruts and potholes, the wheel jerks hard often.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice vid, what camera setup you using? Assume it was attached to your riders helmet?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Nice video !!!
Sorry, but i would have to disagree some.

It keeps you from Dieing , in a high speed crash , caused by a rut,rock,or any smaller obstruction that could jerk the steering out of your hand without power steering . IMO
I would agree as long as you upgrade the rest of the components when you add power steering. I think that if you do the power steering you need to go ahead and do the Rackzilla and HD tie rods along with it. If you "just" have power steering and hit one of those "steering wheel jerker" ruts or bumps and don't upgrade the other components, the force will be transferred into your tie rods and steering rack, busting that instead. That to me would be a much more catastrophic event at high speeds than having the wheel jerked out of your hands. You can at least recover from that as opposed to the other. I think with small bumps and ruts you would be fine with just the power steering, but if we're talking about "ripping" your hand off the steering wheel where you can die, than I think adding all the components together will be the only thing that saves you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts