Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’m new to the commander world. I have a 2015 1000 max limited and the front high beams don’t come on when I flip the switch. The low beams continue to stay on. I’m assuming that it’s the switch that needs replaced but I cannot find any you tube videos or instructions in the manual. Do I just pull the old switch out, or is there more to it such as C removing part of the console.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would remove the upper console, so you can access the rear of the switch. The switch is a common problem, and can usually be taken apart, contacts lightly sanded/cleaned, and re-used. Just be careful when taking it apart, there are little springs with resistors under the LEDs that can fall out and get away from you.
upper console.jpg

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I’ve taken mine apart and cleaned as cannedham mentioned. I also added some dielectric grease to the internal contacts. Been working fine for years since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I already have the new switch so I’ll try to take it apart and keep it as a as spare... hopefully I don’t cause a bigger problem trying to replace it

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Easy peasy to replace. Two screws at top of dash and maybe a couple of push pins on side. Unplug connector from switch. Push old switch out. Push new switch in. Plug connector in. Screw and pin top of console back.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had the same problem acouple years ago and took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts and still no highbeams. Found out the relay was toast. Replaced it and been good ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts