Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Jon. Im a new member here. I have a little inside news for you guys waiting on the Can-Am SidexSide.

My uncle owns a Powersports buisness and I usually go with him when he goes to dealer meetings.

We just returned from the Can-Am dealers meeting in WA. Can-Am puts on great dealer meetings each year with alot of info and alot of news.

The big question that was asked from almost every dealer was "when is there going to be a side by side?". Well, Can-Am decided to tell us the answer at our dinner conference.

Heres what was said:
"We do have a side by side vehicle in production. It will be introduced in the 2010 model year and it will meet everyones expectations on what a true side by side should be. All dealers will get information on the new vehicle a couple months prior to the introduction to familiarize yourselves with the vehicle and sales pointers on the vehicle along with comparisons to competition models."

They didnt go into what the utv looks like, what motor is in it, or any other specs, but it will be introduced this model year.

Hope this helps narrow the window down a little.
Ill let you know as I know....

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
OMG! (sarcastically said).

I'l give it an 8.5 for effort, and not a half bad pshop job either.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
will somebody tell can-am to please send me one so I can start making aftermarket parts for it .......

·
Registered
135 Posts
It would be nice if it was designed/styled like a Hummer H3T.

Also would be nice to have an FDL option for the visco lock.

If you intend to put tracks (other than apache) on such a machine. The visco lock would give the same problem seen in the outlander.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok .... maybe its time to stake out the Can Am plant ... or take one of Can Am's design employees hostage .... or Hire Ethan and his Mission Impossible crew to break in , take pics , gather info and maybe even grab a prototype / test mule from Can Am to feed our starving hunger for answers as to what the side x side(s) will look like ... what are the specs and WHEN they will be made available to the public ...... Any volunteers ??? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts