Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Help troubleshooting 2018 Commander Max

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  acefire 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2018 Commander Max. Has been a great machine. Recently while driving at any speed really, 20-30 mph, it starts doing the jerking motion as if I was on a steep incline and trying to take off on high gear and display reads to put on low gear. Shortly after that my check engine light flashes and limp mode is activated. Any ideas before I take it in to get looked at by the shop?
Thanks

#2 ·
No stop what for light to go out and put it in low. Unless you was already in low then you got a problem. Unless you have the sport low mod on the machine . If so and it isn’t the switched sport low nothing you can do . But you can hit the reverse override button before is goes into limp mode and drive right through the message . The ecm is programmed to do that on inclines it feels to step for high gear.

#9 ·
Dealer can disable the incline side of the program in the ecm. But most have no clue and say they can’t do it. But they can call brp and they can tell them where and how to disable it. I don’t know how it’s activated. I would guess a sensor of some sort. So guessing the sensor is bad if it’s engaging on flat ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.