Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 can am commander X 1000. Was running and then cut off. will start and cuts off. I’ve replaced spark plug and fuel pump filters….fuel pump works. Removed and checked injectors and fuel does spray out. Check fuses and all intact. I remove spark plugs and checked for spark and there is spark. I sprayed starter fluid and motor runs and then cuts off. I drained all fuel and replaced fuel and still not running. I have new battery. I replaced foot accelerator pedal. I’m lost and can’t think of anything to do to get this running. Can anyone further help me figure this out?

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Go to auto part store borrow a fuel pressure testing kit. Put it inline at the gas tank. Kit should have everything you need to check it. Then turn key on and see what the pressure is while the pump is running. It should never drop below 50psi. Running or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hooked up the fuel pressure testing kit. When I try to start it up the psi is 50. Starts up and then shuts off. I look at the psi once the engine cutoff and it reads 44psi with the key off

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Turn key on wait for pump to shut off read psi . Start check again while running. When it quits leave key on watch pressure see where it’s at. Also when the engine shuts off check to see if pump is shutting off or if it’s still on and running after the engine stops.

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
When engine shuts down does it stop same as if you were to turn the key off? Or is it stumbling and shutting down like it’s running out of fuel?

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
The factory fuel regulator is preset to 52psi so key on pump running or engine running pump should be building 52+ psi to keep it regulated at 52. I said before 50 or higher. Reason I say that is it will run fine at 50. But running at 48 it has no power power acceleration.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I turn the key and the fuel pump turns on and psi 50. I tried to start engine and runs for second and cutsoff. Psi is now reading 45 with key turned on. I tried again to start and psi remains at 45 and fuel pump doesn’t prime up again. I turn key off. Turn key back on and fuel pump turns on. Every time I tried to start the engine the fuel psi reads 45psi

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Sounds like something is shutting the pump down when it dies. And not letting it come back on till I assume you turn key off then back on. Someone had pretty much the same problem a while back. But I can’t remember what was done to fix it. Normally don’t forget this stuff but getting older every day . I’m going to do some searching see if I can find it .

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will not stay running with pumping the gas pedal with foot. I can try double checking all ground wires. And yes pump turns back on once turning the key off and then back on. But I still can’t get engine to run.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts