Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking to buy a new or used 2021 or newer Commander XT 1000 . I've been researching what SXS would be right for me and there was only 1 SXS that was perfect for my lifestyle, needs, wants and Its the Commander XT 1000. We have a farm with lots of animals and I need a farm UTV everyday, I feed a lot of animals in different pastures so I need a big bed and the Commander has the biggest bed in its class. Now on the weekends I want to get back into the woods and ride fast on trails. I'm not young at almost 60 but I have a lot of history riding and racing off road. I raced motocross in my teens, then 3 wheeler's semi Pro in the early 80's then raced 4 wheeler's in the late 80's and 90's and then retired from racing ATV's Fast forward 30+ years I've ridden Enduros on/off the road then crotch rockets and I really loved my GXR 1000 but to fast for the roads in my opinion? Now I have a couple older Harley's but haven't road in a couple years. So off road is where I want to be and with our farm tax certificate we can buy a Commander without paying the state tax's. Went buy my local dealer last week only 3 miles away and they only had a 700 Commander DPS in stock with a 1000 DPS coming in this week with a price out the door at $21500 and I thought was high with a MSRP of $17988 on the website But I want a XT so I have a roof, bumper and winch that I think is mandatory? So in the next few weeks I'll have a Commander XT one way or another so please feel free with any comments, suggestions and anything helpful? Thanks for the add. COOP

· Registered
85 Posts
I did a similar search and would encourage you to spend the extra and get the XT-P. Shocks, wheels, front diff and winch are a good buy for the extra imho. You also get 30" tires and I believe and needs to be verified by someone smarter than me, but the transmission has a lower L gear and it has been clutched for the bigger tires from the factory. The lower gear will be good for the hauling and the rest of upgrades great for the weekends.

· Registered
1 Posts
Also in middle TN and ordered an XT-P Max last Sept and still waiting till ‘possibly’ March. If you can find what you like in stock I’d say go for it. We ordered out of our area as the prices are elevated as well like you say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts