Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have a 2012 commander with after market rear seats for my kids
Has anyone tried using or know if the commander 4 seater shocks and springs would work or even the defenders
I’m trying to keep the cost down since my kids will only be in the back seat for another year or two
Any help would be great
Stock shocks are 20” center to center on the bolt holes and yes I’ve tryed the heavy duty coils they worked for about 2 months
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy just measured his defender
It’s the same center to center with 1000 lbs box weight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s just funny I talked to my dealer today and they couldn’t tell me nothing about other springs fitting and they had the units in the show room

·
Super Moderator
23,496 Posts
I haven’t seen a set of defender springs . But I’m guessing they are running the sach shocks same as the commander . So just guessing the springs are the same ID. What you need to measure on the show room model is the bottom shock eye to bottom of spring to see if they are preloaded the same .

·
Registered
139 Posts
It’s just funny I talked to my dealer today and they couldn’t tell me nothing about other springs fitting and they had the units in the show room
If most dealers are like the ones around here all they know is what they read in the sales literature. They sell 4 or 5 different brands and know very few details about any of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If most dealers are like the ones around here all they know is what they read in the sales literature. They sell 4 or 5 different brands and know very few details about any of them.
I’ll see if I can put his system on mine and reply back so everyone can know if this is a good upgrade

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So
I’ll see if I can put his system on mine and reply back so everyone can know if this is a good upgrade
i went and bought the 4 seater defender springs today only 1 in stock but I’m sure this is going to work I’ll post a photo of stock commander to the defender 4 seater

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So
i went and bought the 4 seater defender springs today only 1 in stock but I’m sure this is going to work I’ll post a photo of stock commander to the defender 4 seater View attachment 65439

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So
i went and bought the 4 seater defender springs today only 1 in stock but I’m sure this is going to work I’ll post a photo of stock commander to the defender 4 seater View attachment 65439

·
Super Moderator
23,496 Posts
You do know that can am uses junk Chinese springs . Even if they are a heavier rate than the stock springs . They are still going to fail prematurely.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
You do know that can am uses junk Chinese springs . Even if they are a heavier rate than the stock springs . They are still going to fail prematurely.
Wow! Welcome to the forum Dane. Don’t let Mr. Negative deter you from trying to achieve your goals. He may be right in the end run but I applaud you for having the foresight and the gumption to attempt your project. Please let us know what you come with and remember Booger hearts you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried heavy duty high lifter springs as well

·
Super Moderator
23,496 Posts
Typically high lifter sells a good product. Guessing that wasn’t the case this time . Night want to bite the bullet and get the heavy RT pro springs .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m sure these will work
They are for a four seater and a 1000 lb cargo box as a pose to my original springs which are for 600 lbs and no extra passengers
I’ll keep u posted when I install them and run them with a good load on some moguls

1 - 21 of 21 Posts