Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HD8 XT. Anyone go from an HD8 to an HD10?

Looking at putting a Boss plow on my machine. We have almost a half mile stone driveway HILL. Afraid that the HD8 might not have enough power. Don't want to spend all that money and they say I should have upgraded the machine first.

We also have a RZR 900S and night and day the power between that and the defender. Different purpose machines, but power is power. The HD10 will be closer to that.

Any differences between a 2016 and 2017?

·
Registered
226 Posts
No, I dont believe much changed, power is the same for sure.

It may not feel like a race machine, but I highly doubt that HD8 will have trouble pushing a plow. Don't forget, it wasn't long ago we were pushing snow with 660 Rhino's!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hd8 vshd10

I know this is an old topic but i am in the market for a new defender and can't decide if i should buy the 8 or 10. Roughly $1500 difference in the 2 where i am located. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,
I can't tell you what to buy, but my HD10 XT has more than enough power to push whatever I put in front of it. I plowed 12 inches of snow-ice-snow on my lake at 20mph with no problems what so ever. I never drove the HD 8 so I cannot compare but if you think the Polaris 900 beats your HD8 than you maybe should upgrade to HD10, My opinion.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts