Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cleaned sensor and ran it a bit. Finally getting a code now. It goes in to limp mode and code is p1339. I’m thinking map sensor is going bad so I ordered new one. Am I correct on this?

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
Can doesn’t list a 1339 but on other vehicles it’s crank position sensor . 1324,25 35,36 are cps codes so it’s in order just not listed .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can doesn’t list a 1339 but on other vehicles it’s crank position sensor . 1324,25 35,36 are cps codes so it’s in order just not listed .
So I need a crank sensor? I cleaned and greased it today too but it hiccuping like it’s starving for air and idle rough I figured map sensor might be going bad.

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
Can am doesn’t list that code on the code sheet . Any possibility you managed to plug the plug together backward? That code it for reversed polarity on the CPS . So you might recheck it .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes typically map is the rough idle king .
Ok. I’m going to install new map sensor tomorrow. If that don’t get it I’ll look at crank sensor. I’ve got a hell of a mess and story to go along with this. Just trying to keep it short and to the point.
By the way. I found the exact Bosch map sensor at auto zone for $24.07.Everyone else wanted $45 to $75. Can’t imagine what dealer wants for it.

Reactions: acefire

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks
Hey I forgot to tell you. When limp mode comes on it’s not really in limp mode. I can run up to 6000 rpm even though check engine light and limp mode is on screen.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It should have you cut back to 13 mph .
I know but it doesn’t. I can run wide open with limp mode and check engine light.

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
The only thing I know that can code with limp mode and not effect engine rpm and speed it’s dps .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is FPS? Sorry I’m not very mechanical but learning.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I will check in morning. I really appreciate all your help sir.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts