Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of any 800XT being offered for sale in this first release? My local dealer tells me that Can-am is not selling them yet.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I think your dealer is confused with the 1000X. Most dealers are getting the 800XT first out of the 5 allotted to them. The 1000X is the last one they are getting and will be here they latest. That's as far as the first shipment is concerned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
we are one of the dealers getting 5 and we are getting std 800,1000,1000x. 2 1000xt. first one will be in sept and remainder in oct/nov.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Does anyone know why it takes so long to get them out? Do they build say 2500 of them and then ship? Why not build a hundred ship a hundred. I know there is probably some logistical issue as to why, I just don't know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to my local dealer today and he told me that his factory rep stated that the 800XT will not be available until next year. all they are offering now it the 1000, 1000XT 1000X, and the 800R. My local dealer is upset with the factory because everyone who contacts him wants the 800XT not the 1000XT.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I talk to the factory rep. yesterday and he said that they wil not be building any 800's this year because all of the 800cc engines are all taken for the Outty's and Renegade's. But they are able to make the 1000 engine. He all so told me the reson they are going to be slow getting the out is that they are trying to get the new plant up and running it is a brand new plant state of the art and they figgur they will have some problems with it, the units that they are useing right now for demo's are hand built ones,thats why it is going to take a little time to get them out to us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the info. That sounds very close to what my local dealer was told.......^&%*&%*& Now I have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Dealer was able to locate a brand new 2011 800r Xt for me! He drove to get it and had me look at it, he said when he got it it had no gas in it and it had'nt even been programmed yet.I bought it on the spot. He said there was no changes made to the 2012s hes putting on all the extras I ordered, can't wait to pick it up. hope you guys find one!

·
Registered
110 Posts
? my dealer has an 800xt in stock right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts