Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Half Windshield - Obstructed View

Tags
commander
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wyocommander 
#1 ·
I am 5'8" tall and find myself looking right at the top of the half windshield in the Commander. It is especially annoying when climbing a hill. Has anyone tried cutting the half windshield down about 2-3" with a plexiglass jigsaw bit? Or are there other half windshield options for the Commander that set significantly lower.

#3 ·
I didn't really want to try this project with my original half windshield (not cheap to replace). I found a used half windshield for $40. The plexiglass jigsaw blade worked great to trim it down and left a nice smooth edge. I trimmed 4 inches off of the bottom of the windshield using my original as a template. Because the roll cage tapers, the cut down window is not a perfect fit but still spans completely across. The 4 inches makes a big difference for me in terms of sight lines. Still not sure I would use a $200 windshield for the project, but if you can find a used one I think it makes a nice 1/4 windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.