Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
GTmat I am still questioning the MATs ability to insulate from heat. It really does not claim that on your website only that it withstands a certain operating temperature. Our application is primarly to cut down on the heat in the cab, please clarify and also how much it will drop the temperature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
GTmat I am still questioning the MATs ability to insulate from heat. It really does not claim that on your website only that it withstands a certain operating temperature. Our application is primarly to cut down on the heat in the cab, please clarify and also how much it will drop the temperature.
Yes, the GTMat product does insulate from heat. However, we do not have any data to quote an exact temperature drop. As you know, there are many variables that could affect this including color of interior, climate conditions, etc and in your case it is more difficult as it is an open vehicle. I primarily offered the free sample to this group for testing data so that we could update our information to help future customers. I have had a few stripped rally vehicles/racing vehicles install GTMat for insulation but these people have not yet responded about a drop in temperature they experienced. Once they respond, I would be happy to pass on the information.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Ok, I am just starting to Install the sample you gave me and seeing it being a fair amount of work wanted to be reassured it will do the job lol.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I assure you GTmat WILL make a TREMENDOUS difference in heat reduction. I put it on all my console panels, even the panels under the seat. My son bagged a deer and we took my Commander down in to the woods to gut it and haul it out. It took us a good half hour+ to gut the deer out all the time my Commander was at idle. When I got in the panels in the attached pic were EXTREMELY cool to the touch, where as the panel that I didn't do down by the gas pedal to where the panels in my pic meet were surprisingly warm.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have my sample and I'm looking forward to putting it on in the spring. Kinda enjoying a little extra warmth this time of year. Especially since we normally ride at night... I did however install it around the cup holders, I can put my beer in there for more than three minutes before it boils now.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
I assure you GTmat WILL make a TREMENDOUS difference in heat reduction. I put it on all my console panels, even the panels under the seat. My son bagged a deer and we took my Commander down in to the woods to gut it and haul it out. It took us a good half hour+ to gut the deer out all the time my Commander was at idle. When I got in the panels in the attached pic were EXTREMELY cool to the touch, where as the panel that I didn't do down by the gas pedal to where the panels in my pic meet were surprisingly warm.

This is good to here as you are the first one to report back on this product. It appears that the piece in the lower right hand corner of your pic has the material on the wrong side? Maybe an optical illusion!:unsure:

·
Registered
189 Posts

This is good to here as you are the first one to report back on this product. It appears that the piece in the lower right hand corner of your pic has the material on the wrong side? Maybe an optical illusion!:unsure:
No it's not on the wrong side. :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my sample put on, but not had time to fully test it. Before at idle it was 70dbs, now it is 68-68.5. might not sound like much, but it is. Now it sounds like most of the noise is coming from between the cab and bed. Have to get some pipe insulation to put between there. Think this summer I will take the roof off and paint the underside with their Liqui-Damp X.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I sent a PM for a sample of the GTMAT with my name and address phone number stating my interest in the product and how I'd like to use it and would like a sample to try but all I heard from them was they could get me set up. Do they require more info then what I've already provided. HHHMMMM

·
Registered
172 Posts
I sent a PM for a sample of the GTMAT with my name and address phone number stating my interest in the product and how I'd like to use it and would like a sample to try but all I heard from them was they could get me set up. Do they require more info then what I've already provided. HHHMMMM

Yes
Your credit card lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Social Security Number and Date of Birth Please. :icon_wink:

Kidding of course. Your package was shipped on 14th and is out for delivery today.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Oh well heck, ok thanks guys I was confused I'll keep you posted of the performance of the products. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Im doing mine right during the BRP turn signal kit,gauges and exhaust wrap. This stuff is white!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got some of this material a while back(free sample) I was really surprised how great this suff is, did what they said it would !
:gotmyvote:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used some to cover the panels behind the seats. already had ThermoTec under the consoles and behind the side panels. The GT mat applied easily and sticks good. Using a heat gun helped on the curves. Good product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurrecting a dead thread here, sorry. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to you all! I've been following a few threads here that reference our product and figured I might as well introduce myself as a point of contact. Please let me know if you guys have any questions about GT Mat!

Also, we are offering free 10 sq ft samples if you give us a call and provide your shipping address. Contact me at 1-855-GT-SOUND. ;)
Nice I’ll take some

21 - 39 of 39 Posts