Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
First simple fix is yank up on the passenger grab handle they seem to gravitate down and get things bound up. Mine got messed up when installing doors. Just paying forward what I was told hope it gets you straightened out. BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had the same problem. I put a spring behind the latch on inside of the door to put tension on it so it would stay closed when I hit a bump. Works a lot better than duct tape.

Reactions: bollax

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazes me how poor of a design this glove box is, especially when the engineers have known of this problem and they could add a $25 rubber latch and solve the problem. I picked up a 2020 Limited and as it sat on the dealer parking lot the glove box didn't close well. Decided on this 10 year old design over the Polaris General expecting a higher level of fit and finish. Less than 2 miles on the machine and it started popping open and I had to bungee it closed. Pulled up on grab bar per suggestions on forum and doesn't solve it. I have a rubbber latch fix in mind, but waiting on Can Am warranty to see if they step up and do a permanent fix.

I haven't installed the desertcraft XP 1000 straps yet, but they should work. Center to center holes are approx. 2.5" and I will need to be cautious with placement of holes.

THE FIX: RZR XP1000 glove-XP1000 Glove box straps

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
Yeah the design kinda sucks . But it’s not every machine . I had a 13 model and have driven many different models . And have yet to have one open up that’s was shut. My glovebox has to be slammed shut do to it being over filled . I carried everything including the few tools I kept with me in there. But once it was latched it never came open in the woods or on the track . But I did have to close it then hit up on the bottom of the door and you could hear it latch .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts