Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions regarding a glass windshield for my 2013 Limited.
Can-Am has one with wipers and washer for about $1,200.00. We ride all 12 months here and in northern Wisconsin and it gets a wee bit chilly.
Has anyone had experience with after-market windshields? My unit came with a half windshield---lexan. For last winter I had a custom made lexan for the top half of the windshield. Even being careful, they get really scratched and quite hard to see facing the sun, or in snow, or when it's really dusty.
I'd appreciate any feed back.
Thanks----Batmanwis.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do a search on windshields in this forum, I'm sure you will get much info. Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
If you can afford it I'd go with the BRP glass windshield. I went with the RyFab windshield they supply the frame and hardware and you go to your local glass company and purchase the glass and have it installed. I went with automotive tinted windshield glass. They offer a manual wiper which I have and it works but I'd prefer electric. I've had mine for over a year and it's held up well I paid just under $600 for everything. BRP didn't offer a glass windshield when I was looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Look at the kolpin 3000 windshield. It's around 400-500. Not glass but hard coated. Just carry a squeegee with you.

Seems like a lot of members are havin good luck with it. And it won't scratch.

Plus you can vent it or take the top part off on those hot days.

Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
its been a couple of years since you all posted about your hard coated windshields with wipers, how are they holding up ? thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts