Can-Am Commander Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow what a twisted mess! Kinda hard to tell from the pictures but the helix looks good the spring you’ll have to run and see how it works. Make sure the cogged teeth in the helix are ok. Forgot what size tires?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow what a twisted mess! Kinda hard to tell from the pictures but the helix looks good the spring you’ll have to run and see how it works. Make sure the cogged teeth in the helix are ok. Forgot what size tires?
Yes it is a rotax.

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
That is a stock secondary but not sure if the spring is stock . Never seen a red secondary spring . All the ones I have done were black .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
As far as the seal on the crank It’s gray silicone or form a gasket somebody put on seals good

·
Registered
316 Posts
Caxtp, sorry about bugging you on some things, just reviewing pictures looking for things out of order. www.canampartsguy.com for the helix hopefully Ace will chime in on that spring. Is that a torsion spring ? Bend on the ends. With the smaller 12 inch rims i would think you could run a stock spring

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
No there’s no Benz on the end the holes are there For a spring with the bend on the end

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
Yes for 28” the factory springs would work fine. Or just try the red one and see how it acts Once you get it back together.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
213 Posts
I'm aware this is a old thread. But for future reference, I ran my cvtech on my old nitrous bike, 840, 29.5 asasinators without the counter weight for over a year with alot of spray with zero issues. I could tell a big difference in the response without it, I've seen some people say yea, and some said don't do it, so I tried it on my personal bike.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts