Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a trick to getting the bolts out of the clutch cover without dropping the skid plates or taking the exhaust off trying to change the belt

·
Registered
634 Posts
If that’s on a commander you do not need to remove a skid plate. there is four holes that you can get that from the bottom. I use a quarter inch drive ratchet and socket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Anybody somebody please trying to change the one-way bearing on the primary Took the center bolt out nothing Seems like it’s locked on there you can push it in about an inch and a quarter hit it with a rubber mallet nothing And as far as getting the cover off it was easier to take the exhaust pipe off to Springs to nuts $&@&/;) holes on the bottom you get a quarter turn but thank you

·
Registered
634 Posts
The sheave should have came off when you took the center bolt out. It is obviously stuck for some reason. I would say come up with some kind of a puller to get the outer sheave off. Maybe two straps with slip noose on back side of outer sheave then a heavy object to act as a slide hammer. You do need a clutch removal tool to take the inner sheave off of the crank. As for the four bolts on the bottom of the CVT cover patience grasshopper patients.

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
The sheave should have came off when you took the center bolt out. It is obviously stuck for some reason. I would say come up with some kind of a puller to get the outer sheave off. Maybe two straps with slip noose on back side of outer sheave then a heavy object to act as a slide hammer. You do need a clutch removal tool to take the inner sheave off of the crank. As for the four bolts on the bottom of the CVT cover patience grasshopper patients.
He’s got a rapid response clutch. Nothing like the factory clutch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Taking the small section of skid plate under the clutch off makes the job a whole lot easier. It's just 6 bolts. 10mm socket and cordless impact and it takes less than a minute. Take out 5 and just loosen the right front one and spin the plate out of the way. Then you can spin it back and the bolts will be lined up. I took the advice and tried taking them out through the tiny access holes the first time...never again.

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
Don’t ever buy a high quality aftermarket skid. Cause you will be back under going through the holes again .

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
My factory skid got forcefully removed in the first 75 miles. Was dragging the ground on the way home.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Somebody anybody has anyone had any doings with a CV tech clutch on a commander the counterweight on the back of the clutch is rubbing been on the phone all day nobody seems to have an answer y’all talk to them at CV tech supposedly plug and play bullshit they’re telling me to take the counterweight have it machined take the counterweight off All together ???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Been running a cvtech trailbloc for about 2 1/2 years on my 2015 commander 800 with No problems. Are you sure the clutch housing backplate is installed correctly. What year is your mander?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
distributor I bought it off of Tewco Says he sells about one a week for commander has had this problem once The guy ended up taking The counter weight off the back He was in a hurry and never got back with them Like I said they’re talking about shaving the plastic down I just don’t understand why me LOL just don’t get it Says he’s been on the phone with them all day and they don’t have an answer

·
Registered
316 Posts
distributor I bought it off of Tewco Says he sells about one a week for commander has had this problem once The guy ended up taking The counter weight off the back He was in a hurry and never got back with them Like I said they’re talking about shaving the plastic down I just don’t understand why me LOL just don’t get it Says he’s been on the phone with them all day and they don’t have an answer
Double check the part # of the clutch should be 0900-0292. Also do not remove the balancing weight, if you do mark everything so it goes back together the same or will be out of balance.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts