Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a link to one on Ebay that also shows all the parts needed and its $325. I asked the dealer to match it which he did and they programmed it for free for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201568814582?euid=7771e5766a1b4c3486780e43022e5b6e&bu=43168198959&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu
Hello Jkyates

I also got a great deal on a 2017 DPS mander and was also wondering about upgrading the gauge cluster. Im in Canada so i assume if i order a new guage cluster will it come in KMs? If this KM/MPH change is not needed, does the cluster still need to be programmed to work after the swap. Reading though the history of your posts, it sounds like the Bike needs to be told it now has a new cluster? ....and not a simple install and ride scenario.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ace is correct as usual. I upgraded mine last year and it’s a very simple swap, even for me. 5 minutes at the dealer and I was good to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here is a link to one on Ebay that also shows all the parts needed and its $325. I asked the dealer to match it which he did and they programmed it for free for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201568814582?euid=7771e5766a1b4c3486780e43022e5b6e&bu=43168198959&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu
Hello Jkyates

I also got a great deal on a 2017 DPS mander and was also wondering about upgrading the gauge cluster. Im in Canada so i assume if i order a new guage cluster will it come in KMs? If this KM/MPH change is not needed, does the cluster still need to be programmed to work after the swap. Reading though the history of your posts, it sounds like the Bike needs to be told it now has a new cluster? ....and not a simple install and ride scenario.

Thanks
Not sure how the dealerships work up that way but if you talk to the person you bought it from and make a deal for them to program it for free it will save you some cash. I bought the part from them and they programmed it. It takes all of 5 min or less on the BUDS system. They will hook up to it and it will recognize the new ECU and ask if you want to associate it with that machine. Once that is done you can put your edits on it from the KMs vs Miles also can set name and other items. If you buy it somewhere else you will still need the dealer to program it. Best to try and work a deal on the front side. I did all my shopping ahead of time and actually bought my accessories cheaper than online and bought all at one time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to follow up I got everything working today. Brought it in and they hooked it up and first question was new ECU would you like to make it the new one. Changed the hours from 24 to 12 and changed from Kilometers to MPH.

If anyone wants to know the process I can now help :)
What’s the process

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
260 Posts
I pulled a used one off a xmr mav 2014, plugged into my 18 mander, and had zero issues, worked like a champ, other than hrs and miles being off. Super strange that it wouldn't work.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
I pulled a used one off a xmr mav 2014, plugged into my 18 mander, and had zero issues, worked like a champ, other than hrs and miles being off. Super strange that it wouldn't work.
You are maybe they second person that hasn’t had to take them to the dealer to get the cluster programmed to mate with the ecm. So no what’s strange is you didn’t have to get it hooked up to get it mated. Normally you can’t even start the machine with the new cluster hooked up. You unhook it start it then plug it back then take to dealer to get it programmed.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Yeah was surprised when you said no issues . Lol but as long as it works it’s all good more money in the bank .

21 - 35 of 35 Posts