Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Commander dps 800 two seater and it has leaked gas in the area under the gas tank (can't see exactly where because of skid plates) it has leaked since I have had it after a complete fill up for a short time but lately is it has gotten worse. I assumed it was an overflow from overfilling but now I am not so sure. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There is a a large o-ring on the top of the tank where the fuel pump assembly goes into the tank (where fuel line exits an the wires plug in). Sometimes that o-ring needs to be replaced. Make sure the lock ring that holds the assembly in is fully locked in, it helps compress the o-ring. I had to replace this o-ring in mine as it would seep some gas out when it sloshed around.

Also, I have read where someone had a small leak in the filler neck and had to have it brazed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking the time to help, I will check it out and I will leave a reply when I get the problem found.

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
There is a mounting tab on the front of the tank that crack sometimes . My tank was changed on warranty because of a crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There is a mounting tab on the front of the tank that crack sometimes . My tank was changed on warranty because of a crack

They were updated in 2014 with a backing plate welded on the tank in this spot.

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
My mav is a late 14 ( October) and it still cracked beside the mount . The BRP fix has improved the tank but they still fail .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, seems like there should be a safety recall (fire hazard) for the tanks to be replaced with a revised tank to resolve what sounds like a common problem.

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
People have to die for can am to do a recall. Their idea of a recall is correct it on the next yrs model and then deny that there had ever been one claim for said problem .

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
Very true ace . Polaris is the same also. Look at all of there flaming SxS . They have started forest fires and took a few people’s life’s .

·
Super Moderator
23,699 Posts
And took several yrs to actually do a recall. Then the recall parts started causing fires.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My very low hour 1000XT, started leaking all of a sudden too. The locking ring on the top of the tank, had backed itself off just enough to start leaking. Still dont trust it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I took my Commander to the can am dealer for repair and sure enough the fuel neck connection at the tank had a defective weld and has been leaking for a long time. Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts