Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here. Ride is a 2011 Commander 1000x. Did some research and fuel pressure is supposed to be 40-50 lbs correct after first turning the key? Mine is only 30 first key turns and then bounces around 40 when idling, drops down to 30 when you gas it. Its been bogging when on the throttle at speed so basically Im just wanting someone to confirm that my "brand new $600 can am fuel pump" the previous owner said he installed is no good.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes, you should see close to 50. A healthy pump should actually provide more pressure, but the regulator will by-pass back to tank at said pressure. Maybe the former owner did a poor install?? If he went with OEM "fuel pump assembly", that would be new pump, regulator, sending unit, and I'd guess strainer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you should see close to 50. A healthy pump should actually provide more pressure, but the regulator will by-pass back to tank at said pressure. Maybe the former owner did a poor install?? If he went with OEM "fuel pump assembly", that would be new pump, regulator, sending unit, and I'd guess strainer.
Yeah It was all new so he said. Whats normal running pressure when on the gas? It shouldnt drop 10-15 psi should it?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
If it drops to 45psi it will not run right . Regulator from factory is preset at 50. But have seen some pumps 52 plus .

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Junk ! There a Bosch part number floating around here on the forum. But you should be able to give auto store guy the Delphi number and cross it to a Bosch if you would rather run a Bosch.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I also replaced the rubber isolators at the bottom of the assembly. But that is because mine had turned to mush, and the upper one holds the pump firmly up to the discharge port once inside the assembly. I re-used my filter because it was in perfect condition, and re-used the regulator because I knew it was working properly. I actually heard my pump stop running when it died. Other members have replaced the regulator, with some to find the replacement to be a lower regulating pressure. Mine had "3.5 bar" stamped on it which is what it should be. Besides, it's not hard to pull the assembly and pop the regulator out if it is suspect after pump replacement.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
I also replaced the rubber isolators at the bottom of the assembly. But that is because mine had turned to mush, and the upper one holds the pump firmly up to the discharge port once inside the assembly. I re-used my filter because it was in perfect condition, and re-used the regulator because I knew it was working properly. I actually heard my pump stop running when it died. Other members have replaced the regulator, with some to find the replacement to be a lower regulating pressure. Mine had "3.5 bar" stamped on it which is what it should be. Besides, it's not hard to pull the assembly and pop the regulator out if it is suspect after pump replacement.
Did you find anyplace that sells the regulators at a good price .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did not, Troy. Quantam sells them, but I believe those operate at 41 psi or so. Someone on here found the right one before, and I believe it was on Amazon. I think I also saw the Quantam on Amazon.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
I got 4 in that were listed for canam and not one was 50 psi . The closest was 44 psi . Sad that these guys can’t get it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Have you tried one of these? I researched the part# to death, but could never find the pressure rating stated.
I didn’t try one of them . 50 bucks for it or they have a pump kit with a regulator for 70 . My guess is the regulator in the pump kit will be wrong psi . Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well I clicked on the kit, and there's one close-up pic of the regulator, and it's got 350kpa printed on it. So that's right. Some member a long time ago, though, maybe Nick1993 or Jbreeze, tried the AllBalls kit, and was unhappy with it. Don't remember why.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts