Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Commander that is not reading any fuel in the fuel tank is there a way to test the sensor, is there a relay that makes it work? :huh:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
You can remove the seat and plastic on the passanger side and there the gas tank sits. Check the plug connector it may not be plugged in all the way. I would unplug it and plug it back together. If that doesn't work you can remove the fuel pump assembly and check the float level on the side of the fuel pump assembly it could be sticking. Look at the repair manual that you can get from this forum look up the thread; Free Manual, it is a factory repair manual about 600 pages long 110mb down load and you will need the latest version of Adobe reader. You need this manual anyway.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just so you know the fuel gauge will read no fuel and the light will come on when you have about a half of tank left.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
First time I saw the fuel light, I was only able to put 6 gallons in. That's a pretty good size reserve. Could be like the Yapster said, the float is sticking though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, I was just about to take mine to the dealer to have the gas sensor checked, because the low fuel light comes on when the tank is half full. Saved me the trip. Just wish it went on a little later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone on here recommended changing the floats, just got mine from quad logic, 15minutes work and gauge is working perfectly,
I’d say shame on Can Am for even suggesting buying a new fuel pump for a part that costs $12 and 15 minutes labour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts