Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the only filter on the 2013 commander 1000 a sock on the fuel pump?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it. Started stumbling on take off and then runs out of gas if you try and stomp on it. Fuel pump hums but doesn't sound as loud. Is the fuel regulator built on the top of the pump assembly?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that is not a pressure relief diaphragm on top? Sure looked like one.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know the sad part is I've owned this new since 2013 and it has only 108 hrs. on it.

·
Super Moderator
24,163 Posts
The pump is the regulator the engine doesn’t have one . Sorry should have been more clear.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay. Rebuilt the pump assembly and still does not have any power. Won't idle long and will backfire if you Rev it up. I installed a fuel gauge in the line and get a steady 40 psi at idle or revving it. I know that is a little low but it is a cheap harbor freight fuel injector pump tester. Not sure how accurate it is. No warning lights or messages on the display. I haven't checked for any diagnostic codes. If there were wouldn't I get a warning light?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Still not enough PSI in my opinion. Putting in a new pump would get my vote. Good luck. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a brand new pump. Doing the same thing the old pump was. I didn't check the fuel pressure though while the old pump was in there.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Regarding post 11

Okay. Rebuilt the pump assembly and still does not have any power. Won't idle long and will backfire if you Rev it up. I installed a fuel gauge in the line and get a steady 40 psi at idle or revving it. I know that is a little low but it is a cheap harbor freight fuel injector pump tester. Not sure how accurate it is. No warning lights or messages on the display. I haven't checked for any diagnostic codes. If there were wouldn't I get a warning light?
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were just trying to fix the old pump.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts

The circled part is the fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
I had one of them fail on a customer unit . The pump kits I have been buying comes with a new one . The pressure regulator can stick open or closed when they fail

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a new one that came with the pump kit. It was supposed to be a rebuild kit for the 1000 but I'm wondering if it may have been for another unit that runs at a lower fuel pressure. Shoots right up to about 42 pounds and then holds steady at 40 when trying to run.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts