Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They did take grease, it just took many pumps due to all the grease leaking out of the zerk/coupler. Eventually I did get the original grease and the new grease pushed out through the seals.
Damn, and I just got rid of my walrus last week

·
Super Moderator
24,579 Posts
I assume when you pushed the seals out that you removed them and removed some of the grease. If you just pushed the seals back in there’s a good chance they are over packed. And once you run it the seals will unseat and start leaking .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oops, didn't know about that. I will do that, I haven't put the parts back on yet. That wasn't mentioned in the video.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,579 Posts
Yeah add more grease till one seal pops out. Then just scoop it out of that one side or both if they both pop out. Glad it wasn’t back together yet!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
They did take grease, it just took many pumps due to all the grease leaking out of the zerk/coupler. Eventually I did get the original grease and the new grease pushed out through the seals.
Damn, and I just got rid of my walrus last week
I know you said that one of your couplers was newish, but maybe it's a light duty, or bad rubber inside. All couplers are not created equal. I've had good results with 8,000-10,000 psi rated Lincoln and Graco couplers, and I'm sure there are others. A good coupler will have you pushing the seals out long before it leaks at the zerk. And never get rid of a good used walrus. They're just so much cheaper and easier to maintain than a whale.....just sayin'.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks, I'll look into those couplers.
As far as the walrus, I ran out of blubber and needed more candles, yea know what I'm saying?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cannedham, would happen to know the part # of the couplers? I've found a Lincoln coupler #LIN5852-5 but can't find any specs for psi.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Try greasing the old bearing you removed and see if it takes grease.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The old bearing was in pretty bad shape. The seal on one side was loose and fell off when I removed the bearing so any grease I would pump in would see no resistance and therefore no leak out of the coupler.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts