Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my clutch, fresh back from Ed. It's awesome! I put RT springs on it while the clutch was sent out. I already had the 2" RT lift on it. Went out for a nice mountain mosh, and I broke the sway bar. Could that have anything to do with the lift and springs, or was it likely on it's way out? A few weeks ago I noticed that it was not even on both sides so I centered it. I assume that is how it should be. Any info on the sway bar would be appreciated. It's a 2013 X.

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts
I would say it was just time to break. I assume the bar broke not the bolts . Bolts would be the weak link. So if bar broke grab a new on and keep running !!!

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
I have twisted two on my mander . China finest steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts
Lol sorry didn’t realize this was front sway bar . Throw it in the scrap pile and ride. With the rt springs and lift you definitely don’t need it .

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
I need to learn how to read also . I thought we were talking about the rear one also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Seems like it may be better for the kind of riding we do. Mostly rough, rocky, mountain terrain.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
For sale:low mile like new condition front sway bar bolts mounts and rubbers included
in case you change your mind lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
It broke for a good reason. Throw it away. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
I would say it was just time to break. I assume the bar broke not the bolts . Bolts would be the weak link. So if bar broke grab a new on and keep running !!!
Lol sorry didn’t realize this was front sway bar . Throw it in the scrap pile and ride. With the rt springs and lift you definitely don’t need it .
Lol. I was wondering about this advice coming from Ace.

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts

Lol. I was wondering about this advice coming from Ace.

Yeah seen sway bar and just assumed was rear. Don’t hear much talk of front bars anymore .

·
Registered
36 Posts
So most of you run without the front sway bar? I was just thinking about taking mine off, works on my Jeep Rubicon so I figured it would improve flex on the Commander too. Also are the RT springs worth the $500 or just save that towards Elkas?

·
Super Moderator
23,050 Posts
No sway bar system improves flex. Unless you are going from a heavy bar to a lighter bar. The bar is to aid in stopping body roll. And any bar regardless of size as one side is pushed up it try’s lifting the opposite side to stabilize the body to create less body roll. Which also takes weight off the opposite side causing less traction . So by removing the front you get more flex and more traction .

·
Registered
245 Posts
The RT spring change make a difference?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
A world of difference on the Fox shock package.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts