Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Cannabder LLTD I have owned it for a few years, and from the beginning, it has never really tracked down the road straight, it has 6” and 35” tires, so I chalked it up to that. Recently I switched tires and went with something that had a bit less aggressive tread thinking that may help a bit, that was not the sole reason for the switch, but I was hoping. Still the same. Also, it has always pulled to the right while driving and when braking, so I thought maybe an alignment is in order. There was only about a 3/8 difference in the rear measurement, so a slight tow-in, I have scratched that off the list. Today I put the front end in the air, both front wheels have a side-to-side play, from 9 to 3. I had someone hold the steering wheel tight, and the wheels still moved With the steering wheel held tight, and one hand on the steering arm, I can still move the wheel side to side without the steering arm moving. So I assume that the hubs are nad, but I defer to the group for input. I recently had new front bearing installed, there is no 12-6 play on either side.

·
Administrator
27,408 Posts
Tie rod ends are bad or the aarm bushing are. And the wheel and arms are moving at same time. Buy if it's the arm bushings you can watch them move . Make sure your outer tie rod bolts haven't came loose.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tie rod ends are bad or the aarm bushing are. And the wheel and arms are moving at same time. Buy if it's the arm bushings you can watch them move . Make sure your outer tie rod bolts haven't came loose.

Bolts are good. Any idea if the tie rod end bushings are serviceable? Or will I need to replace the end links?

·
Administrator
27,408 Posts
No rod end is serviceable. When they are bad they are bad and must be replaced. Being ot has a aftermarket lift the joints should have a manufacturer stamp and part number . If they don't they more than likely were made in China. If made in a reputable county and manufacturer they should be marked. If not marked contact the lift company and ask them what Suze joint it take. Then buy some good joints. Or you can measure them . Thread size and the hole size in the ball of the joint after removing the misalignment bushing that makes the hole smaller for the bolt to fit the hole.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No rod end is serviceable. When they are bad they are bad and must be replaced. Being ot has a aftermarket lift the joints should have a manufacturer stamp and part number . If they don't they more than likely were made in China. If made in a reputable county and manufacturer they should be marked. If not marked contact the lift company and ask them what Suze joint it take. Then buy some good joints. Or you can measure them . Thread size and the hole size in the ball of the joint after removing the misalignment bushing that makes the hole smaller for the bolt to fit the hole.

Got it. I believe they are Superlift, I'll give them a shout Monday. Also I just took a hard look at that bushing and it is deffinatley the issue I appreciate the help, spot on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts