Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,215 Posts
All front diffs are the same in the commander mav and the 800 and 1000 quads. Not sure below the 800cc quads. Troy would know more on the quad diffs.

·
Super Moderator
23,215 Posts
It doesn’t matter which one you put in . They are same housing . Only difference is standard or QE. Qe is quick engagement. It is the better of the two .

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Pick any old outlander quad except the 400 .

The 500 , 650 ,800 all have the same front diff as the mander and OG mav .
Quads with PS will have the QE .no PS and it will be the standard crisco visco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
If the diff looks like the one in your commander it will work... Regardless if it came out of the original Maverick or an Outlander.

I used and outlander diff when I replaced to a torq lok

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I thought I covered what would fit in post 8 , if one couldn’t be found that came out of a canam SxS . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think it's more associated with cost. When you aren't sure you want and exact answer something like PN xxx fits 2011 to 2013. But the truth is that the front and rear diff in the og mav and the commander are quad diffs from the outlander. (Bad engineering practice) so there are multiple PN that fit can fit. But I think it's safe to say and please say if I'm wrong or not. That if the diff looks the same whether it came from the original mav or an outlander it will fit the commander.

·
Super Moderator
23,215 Posts
If they changed one part inside the part number for the diff changed. So yes the diff part number doesn’t matter. As long as it’s out of the 500 up quad or a commander or OG mav they will fit and work . They are all the same gear ratio all have same pinion shaft yoke spline count and size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts