Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(Ok gauys One (1) more try, you are all very knowledgebale about your rides etc and I appreciate all I have learned and the advise received but after numerous posts requests "NO ONE" has yet to fully answer what I believe is a straight forward questiom, instead I get info on how much it took in shock tuning to keep granma's but from being bounced around...
The qustion is as follow:
On all three (3) settings the mnanual states there are twelve positions (12)
I have received from the group that the start point is to turn all three in CW to a soft stop. That would then be the start point.
No ONE I Repeat No One can or has answered the actual question What constitutes the Twelve (12) positins, is it Full turns CCW for one position? is it one click for one position, Is it One mark for one position.
Cmon guys it can't be that hard for veteran riders to answer.
The Owners manual nor the service manual offer little help and I can't even get Fox to answer my e-mails on the same subject.
Thanks in advance,
Bollax in Baja :huh:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
12 positions would be 12 clicks, they do not go by turns just clicks on these 3 adjustments. so when you turn to a soft stop you should have 11 clicks of adjustment in the opposite direction!

·
Registered
98 Posts
:(Ok gauys One (1) more try, you are all very knowledgebale about your rides etc and I appreciate all I have learned and the advise received but after numerous posts requests "NO ONE" has yet to fully answer what I believe is a straight forward questiom, instead I get info on how much it took in shock tuning to keep granma's but from being bounced around...
The qustion is as follow:
On all three (3) settings the mnanual states there are twelve positions (12)
I have received from the group that the start point is to turn all three in CW to a soft stop. That would then be the start point.
No ONE I Repeat No One can or has answered the actual question What constitutes the Twelve (12) positins, is it Full turns CCW for one position? is it one click for one position, Is it One mark for one position.
Cmon guys it can't be that hard for veteran riders to answer.
The Owners manual nor the service manual offer little help and I can't even get Fox to answer my e-mails on the same subject.
Thanks in advance,
Bollax in Baja :huh:

Ok, Going to give this a shot. "I am in no way a Shock Expert" and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It is my understanding per the owners manual. These shocks are adjusted in "clicks" by feel. It says that they are set from the factory at 12 clicks CCW from all the way turned CW which would make this setting neutral (middle of the road per say). Turning it CW would stiffen the action, turning CCW would soften the action. I believe it takes 12 clicks to make one complete revolution of the adjusting screw or nut. I turned mine (when new) CW till the screw stopped and it took 12 clicks (on all 4 shocks). I turned them back CCW 12 clicks then added 3 more CCW clicks for a total of 15 clicks CCW from the stopped CW position. I believe there are more than 12 positions that you mentioned. May be more like 24 if 12 is middle of the settings. One "click" for one position. Man I hope this makes sence and hope it helps ya out.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fox Shocks

Thanks Hicklin & Hillbilly,
That is what I was asking for, now we need to know how many "Clicks there are before the things comes out, leaks or breaks etc.
I am guessing if IN is "the Firmest" then all turns out would be to the negative side IE: softer on all settings ?????
Were gettin close & you two have really finally closed the Gap.

Gracias por todo, :icon_wink:
Bollax in Mexico

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thanks Hicklin & Hillbilly,
That is what I was asking for, now we need to know how many "Clicks there are before the things comes out, leaks or breaks etc.
I am guessing if IN is "the Firmest" then all turns out would be to the negative side IE: softer on all settings ?????
Were gettin close & you two have really finally closed the Gap.

Gracias por todo, :icon_wink:
Bollax in Mexico

You are not supposed to force them and they wont come out or leak by adjusting them. If there leaking you need service for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts