Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Flyingbryan Commander Build 2012

11K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  KARISTEP 
#1 ·
Got my Can Am 2011 Commander 1000 XT back in October of 2010.

Over the almost 2 years of owning it I have made a number of small changes to it but for a number of reasons I have only been out handful of times and a total of just over 500 miles on it.

So I recently took my commander to Magnum Offroad to get a custom removable rear cage, roof, and front bumper made and also get the Magnum M4 Long Travel along with the shocks set up on my car.

#5 · (Edited)
And Magnum came through with just what I was looking for.

It is removable so I can just take off a few bolts and use the dump bed or add the rear cage and race hard knowing if I roll the cage will hold up much better than stock.

With the rear cage on I can open the lower tail gate enough to get the bed liner out or access the lower bed and open the upper tail gate all the way. This is just what I was looking for and I love it. Let me know what you think. If you don't care for that is cool too.

Also added new supports in the front.

#7 ·
Looks a little wide in the back but I guess there is no getting around that for that level of protection. Gonna be awesome when its finished. I'd love to get some custom cage work done if my wallet would just agree with me.

#15 ·
I have the 2Xmotorsports/FST long travel,cost a little more but worth it.I've run it hard at the dunes 0 problems .

#18 ·
Some more pictures.

Here is how it looks now but skid plates will go on and thinking of adding a upper bar on the bumper and maybe some lights.

Here is a idea of what it may look like with smaller lights.

Looking good. Side by Side has decent pricing on the 4" Kragen HID lights. 4 for around 300 bucks. They are really nice lights. I am running a pair of the 7" on my Woodsbuggy.

#24 ·
She looks great Bryan:) So what are you finishing the tubing in, factory powder coat back to original ?

#26 ·
Hummm....now I know why I was getting zero response to my inquiries.:icon_wink:

Nice looking ride my friend. I'm sure you are ready to tear the road up with that thing, too.

BTW, I've always been impressed with Magnum Offroads work, but "impressed" is a huge understatement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.