Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thanks for all the advise on my Can Am not having power and missing.you all was right the front cylinder is a pain to change plug.i used a regular 5/8 spark plug socket that has a nut at top.then used open end wrench.but it worked out ok.my problem was the plugs.both plugs looked good and was at the right color they should be.only thing i seen is that the back plug was gaped about .036.so not sure if that was the issue or just the plug was dead.it has about 2800 miles and probably the factory plugs still.idles better now than what it did when i first bought it.power is back and all is good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kevin
it would be nice if you gave us some details on what car this was. I have to assume it is a 1000R but hate to ass/u/me. It raises the point of iridium plugs.... has anyone used the NGK iridium plugs in their 1000R motor? any results? They are pricey but very reliable in other engines I have had.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just changed out my plugs today on my 2015 800r. It really was pretty easy. A spark plug socked with nut for a wrench on top is your friend for sure on driver side. I went with the NGK iridium plugs DCPR8EIX seems to idle smoother now

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts