Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just returned from a couple days at Hatfield McCoy trails. A few observations. First it is a great machine and went everywhere. Heat in the cabin area is a major problem. I have read other posts regarding this problem. May install a fan in the roof as others have. I have front and rear windows. I installed the front windshield which I purchased from Super ATV. Nice windshield but you lose allot of sight due the large frame around it. If you are looking for a windshield I would look at something else. Lastly I adjusted the switch on the shocks to the #1 setting. Helped with ride somewhat. Still seems pretty stiff. Don't know if I getting soft in my old age or what. Thought it would be a softer ride.
Thanks for reading this post if you do. Please feel free to comment with suggestions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If ground clearance isn’t significant for your riding you could always reduce the preload on the fox shocks to make the ride softer. I keep mine on 2 for the qs3 and have been really pleased with the ride, maybe being a 4 seater mine is a little less stiff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If ground clearance isn’t significant for your riding you could always reduce the preload on the fox shocks to make the ride softer. I keep mine on 2 for the qs3 and have been really pleased with the ride, maybe being a 4 seater mine is a little less stiff
Thanks I will give that a try. I also saw where other people were putting in the split windshields. I already had this installed plus spent $550.00 or so on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that's one knob with 3 settings no other knobs or screws for adjustments sounds like to much compression. shock can't move fast enough for the money you pay for these thing it should have the best shock you can buy

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is also a high and low speed compression adjustment on the fox 2.5 podium w/piggyback qs3, but I have not messed with it yet. Fox academy has preset levels on their website for a maverick, Polaris, and 2 other rides but nothing for the commander. I emailed tech support there for suggestions on fine tuning for rock crawling and such and have heard nothing back. There are plenty of ways to change the preload on these shocks I’m just not educated enough on them just yet to Jack with them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check out “Down and Dirty-adjusting UTV height with Dustin Jones” on you tube, he has 2 videos showing how they adjust their rides with fox shocks, pretty good info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts