Can-Am Commander Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 can am commander 1000 limited and took it down the road and got plastered with mud the tires have been moved out 2 inches and am looking to try and keep dry at least when I go down a dirt road can you make them for me and how much thank you so much laura

·
Registered
479 Posts
Cool man nice job

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Test results

The results of the first test was better than we expected. We spent about 30 minutes running a muddy track. Absolutely no mud on the driver or in the cab. Rafterman is very pleased so we are moving forward with making the minor changes to the molds. We should be ready for production soon. Many of you have inquired about the cost of these, but to be fair we have been trying to streamline the production process to keep the cost down. I will be posting an introductory offer for the first 5 sets (fiberglass with black gelcoat) sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Pricing

We are offering the first FIVE sets of our custom Fender Flares for $585.00 These introductory sets will be constructed of foam filled fiberglass with a durable black gelcoat finish. The easy fastening hardware with instructions will be included. Please PM me for pricing on Carbon Fiber, Kevlar or any custom or specific options. Orders with deposits of $300.00 can be made to my Paypal acct. at [email protected]. Balance of payment to me made upon completion and prior to shipping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really?

Obviously the asking price seems high when compared to the XT plastic models or even the plastic mud-flap. Although with the popularity of the thread, I thought there would be some of you who would appreciate the aesthetic value that only these fender flares can provide. It appears I was wrong.

For whatever it is worth: as many of you know, I designed and fabricated the plugs that Runforefun is fashioning his molds from. And of course, I have been involved throughout that process and I can tell you that so far there has been over a hundred hours just in producing 8 of the 16 molds required to complete a set.

I understand that a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay and I knew it was going to be quite a hurdle to over-come the price of the plastic - mass produced models. But, when you look at fiberglass fender for trucks as an example, our price is competitive which says alot for Runforfun's streamlining the production costs.

Well it was fun coming up with the design and monitoring the excitement generated on the thread, but you can't hit a homerun every time. We will keep trying.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
It's is hard to understand sometimes , my friend cam built front fender liners that people were asking for and once he had them built he didn't sell even one set .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
447 Posts
Really?

Obviously the asking price seems high when compared to the XT plastic models or even the plastic mud-flap. Although with the popularity of the thread, I thought there would be some of you who would appreciate the aesthetic value that only these fender flares can provide. It appears I was wrong.

For whatever it is worth: as many of you know, I designed and fabricated the plugs that Runforefun is fashioning his molds from. And of course, I have been involved throughout that process and I can tell you that so far there has been over a hundred hours just in producing 8 of the 16 molds required to complete a set.

I understand that a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay and I knew it was going to be quite a hurdle to over-come the price of the plastic - mass produced models. But, when you look at fiberglass fender for trucks as an example, our price is competitive which says alot for Runforfun's streamlining the production costs.

Well it was fun coming up with the design and monitoring the excitement generated on the thread, but you can't hit a homerun every time. We will keep trying.
P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've been following this thread with some interest. But I guess I'm not the smartest computer / texting guy in the world, but what exactly does "P" mean.lol

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well since Camocommander is the guy that wrote it, and now he just replied that he would also like to know what it means, I guess we will never know.

·
Registered
421 Posts
x?? This thread has gone to crap in a hurry! I think the price is way to high. I love the look, but I don't think you'll sell them for that price. $300 is more in the range of what most people probably thought it would be.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The price and the fiberglass are what have driven me out.

I hit stuff, it happens, fiberglass won't hold up.

And for that price, whatever I get better hold up.

Good looking product though, just too rich for a poor ol WV boy.

I'm pickin up what you're layin down Camo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, count Me out at that price, picked up a set on Ebay Yesterday for $85, OEM, but at My price I can buy several sets for what those cost.
Best of luck to you and I hope You sell a bunch, at that price Your buyers will be a few at best, hell I could buy a nice set of new radial tires for that much money.

I am out of the market for them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The price and the fiberglass are what have driven me out.

I hit stuff, it happens, fiberglass won't hold up.

And for that price, whatever I get better hold up.

Good looking product though, just too rich for a poor ol WV boy.

I'm pickin up what you're layin down Camo

+1

161 - 180 of 188 Posts