Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million threads on this subject, but I can not find the answer I need on any of them. So I am wiring up my 2013 X and I bought a aftermarket Dual LED winch switch (7pin) and I'm trying to wire it to the factory (Green) plug behind the dash, I know the schematics are different but I can not find the factory schematics anywhere. Please help! I've emailed the company that makes the switch (mictuning.com) and haven't heard back from them. Should I just go to the dealer and buy factory switch? Does it even light up?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am in the same boat. I got a viper midnight 4500. It came with a handlebar switch and i to would like to use the factory location and wiring for the winch. Viper has 3 wires and the green plug has 4 wires. I see a lot of switches on ebay and also wireless ones. Any one wire up a viper with the factory switch wiring?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know there are a million threads on this subject, but I can not find the answer I need on any of them. So I am wiring up my 2013 X and I bought a aftermarket Dual LED winch switch (7pin) and I'm trying to wire it to the factory (Green) plug behind the dash, I know the schematics are different but I can not find the factory schematics anywhere. Please help! I've emailed the company that makes the switch (mictuning.com) and haven't heard back from them. Should I just go to the dealer and buy factory switch? Does it even light up?

Any help would be appreciated!

If you want to send me a picture of the front and back of switch, I probably can help?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here is a pic of the back of the 7pin

Here is a pic of back of factory plug.

I know it's a matter of hooking up the different jumpers/ wires, but I don't know what is what

and here is the wiring diagram they sent me

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also they gave me the jumper wires that are in the diagram picture.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also they gave me the jumper wires that are in the diagram picture.

from my defender wiring diagram
12V in from the fuse is the Red/black wire
12V out to winch relay for winch in operation would be Green/blue
12v out to winch relay for winch out operation would be Light Blue
Black would be ground.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe the other red on your plug would be 12 v on with key

Your probably not going to be able to use the factory plug, you will need to cut the wires off the plug and crimp some spades on.
Or you can just buy a factory switch which would plug in and everything would work.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'm going to tackle this in the am. I'll let you know the outcome...lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got it all wired up and it actually works, only thing is my rocker switch only lights up when toggled, I would like it to stay on when the key is on, probably just going to order the stock switch.
Anyways, if anyone needs help I can upload pictures.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You would need to change your jumpers around, I'm thinking 4, 5, 6 would need to be jumped together.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Switch lights

Try running a ground wire from your switch to a self tapping screw in the frame, then connect that to the negative terminal on the battery. That's what I did to get the switch lights to stay on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks mountain cat. Are you running the same switch? Should I just go straight to the negative terminal on the battery instead of finding a frame bolt? I guess I'm a little confused on why I would go to frame, then go to negative terminal? I appreciate the help....wiring gives me a headache!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here is how I rearranged mine for this plug.
IMG_0101.JPG

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I tried rearranging mine that way too...after talking to the company they say the switch can not be back lit. Only lights up when toggled. So I'm just going to have to live with it until I switch it out with a factory winch switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts