Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Ordered the Factory Width in Black this morning on the phone, said they had them in stock. Ill post pics as soon as they arrive.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a set of the black stock width TK nerf bars and they are pretty nice

·
Banned
108 Posts
Ordered on the 11th, FedEx attempted delivery on the 16th. Thanks for the fast shipping, wish i had been home to sign for them. Can't wait to get them installed!

·
Banned
108 Posts
Owners who have installed these Nerf bars, did you receive instructions? All I received was a one page template...doesn't seem complicated but when cutting body work I want to be sure...

·
Registered
790 Posts
That's all I got but its pretty straight forward. If you look underneath you will see where they bolt to so I measured it and drilled a small hole in the plastic to make sure it lined up before I used the hole saw. The upper one is what the template is for, and after marking it I double checked to make sure it lined up with the bolt hole by the seat belt mount.

I also found by using a die grinder with a burr and opened the mounting holes a bit they will go on a little easier

·
Banned
108 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll just take it slow. I was thinking of opening up the mounting holes a little anyway, just in case of bar flex. Just finished a 14hr day at 5AM, and am thinking of making some more friends in my neighborhood by cranking up the air compressor and getting them on :)

·
Banned
108 Posts
These just don't look right...and they don't fit right either. I told the lady on the phone 3 times I wanted FACTORY WIDTH IN BLACK FOR A COMMANDER. My receipt says "Can Am Commander BAJA Series Nerf bars BLACK"...yet the box was marked "Maverick". They appear to be +4" for something? This is very disappointing as I now have holes cut in a brand new bike. Why can't things ever be easy and straight forward?

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Check out the pictures in my album of my Nerf bars. My step part in right in tight to the plastic. They do stick out alot more the the factory Can Am one do. Yours don't look to be in where they should be

Link:
- Can-Am Commander Photo Gallery

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yours are what they call factory width like mine. The long travel are out alot more then them

·
Banned
108 Posts
Spoke with TURNKEY. They sent Maverick Bars by mistake. They are sending me a return label for exchange. BTW the bars look great and seem strong...Ill just have to keep it off the trees until I get my returned Commander bars.

·
Registered
790 Posts
**Edit**

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

21 - 32 of 32 Posts