Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer yesterday and was told that Can Am was working on a factory clutch kit that was going to have the commanders running with the Maverick. Has anyone heard about this with more detail than I got????

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday and was told that Can Am was working on a factory clutch kit that was going to have the commanders running with the Maverick. Has anyone heard about this with more detail than I got????
That is very interesting ----------and something i will have to ask my dealer today when i am there . :funnycanam:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Commanders and mavericks have the same clutches so make sure you run one that doesn't have this new mystery clutch kit in it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Interesting if it's a clutch kit then it's really no good. If it's a replacement primary that would be cool but Im doubting it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
the clutches are almost the same, in fact the outer sheave of the secondary from the maverick and commander are the same part number but the inner sheave and helix are different, the primary is different

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Kinda my point when guys say if i "do" this to my commander I will run with the maverick which IMHO maybe a straight line till the guy in the maverick does the same mod! Commanders wont run with mavericks apples for apples so lets not kid ourselves....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda my point when guys say if i "do" this to my commander I will run with the maverick which IMHO maybe a straight line till the guy in the maverick does the same mod! Commanders wont run with mavericks apples for apples so lets not kid ourselves....
The point wasn't to go and try to out run one, it was an impressive statement from the dealer after having riden in the Maverick my dad just picked up. Plus, the suspension alone would keep you well behind in most terrain!

I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything about it, the dealer I go to didn't have any of the details other than this bold prediction.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Dealers are into sales which kills me when they make "bold predictions". Did he trying selling you a maverick first?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealers are into sales which kills me when they make "bold predictions". Did he trying selling you a maverick first?
Nope, I just picked up my commander 2 weeks ago. It was just small talk, but I was curious if this was smoke or if others have heard the same thing?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Haven't heard anything here, but that isn't to say that this isn't a possibility. I know they numerous kits for the ski-doo's and such. I guess time will tell, but I won't be holding my breathe sounds a bit fishy but not out the realm of possibilities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts