Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Can Am Commander Max DPS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Commander Max a few weeks ago and have had it out twice so far and the engine rpm's seem to be a bit on the high side for the speed we are traveling(5000 rpm at about 25 mph) is this common? I have tried both keys and switched between sport and eco mode and it does't seem to make a difference. Haven't had an atv with a CVT so not sure if this is normal.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I bought a Commander Max a few weeks ago and have had it out twice so far and the engine rpm's seem to be a bit on the high side for the speed we are traveling(5000 rpm at about 25 mph) is this common? I have tried both keys and switched between sport and eco mode and it does't seem to make a difference. Haven't had an atv with a CVT so not sure if this is normal.
Almost think you are in Low, run it up to 8,000 in high and report back.

·
Registered
2017 Can Am Commander Max DPS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick responces how reliable are the motors running at such a high rpm constantly? I'll do all of your suggestions once we have it broken in a bit more, only have about 7 hours on it yet, and report back to this tread. It may be a couple of weeks now since its been raining here in the desert of Phoenix. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
5000 on the tach while touring sounds normal to me . If you floor it the tach should go to 7000--7200 and stay at that rpm while it's floored and gaining speed . Once the clutching is done shifting then the RPM should start climbing above the shiftout rpm until you reach top speed

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
It depends on your ground speed . If your in low and crawling at 5 mph your RPM will be below 3000 . If your in low and you floor it your RPM will shoot up to your shiftout RPM . Once you have run out of clutch shift your rpm will then climb up from your shiftout until your ecm RPM limiter kicks in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
So around my campground the speed limit is 5-10mph should I be in low? Thought I saw a post before about that but I suffer from CRS. Also what does shift out RPM mean? Thanks for the insight! It's much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts