Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2013 commander and I blew the belt last week. I replaced the belt and now engine light flashes and says low oil. Any one have any ideas.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I assume you’ve checked the oil. LOL. I don’t how see how blowing a belt would cause your CEL to flash but someone smarter than me will chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. I assume you’ve checked the oil. LOL. I don’t how see how blowing a belt would cause your CEL to flash but someone smarter than me will chime in.
Yes I did. Not a dumb question. I dont get it either whythat would cause it to come on.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Low oil on dash is low oil pressure not low oil level . So it’s either unplugged bad sensor or you have no oil pressure . Hopefully it’s one of the first two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Low oil on dash is low oil pressure not low oil level . So it’s either unplugged bad sensor or you have no oil pressure . Hopefully it’s one of the first two.
Crap!!!!!!!!! Well that makes sense. I usually would know this stuff but the end of this dang year has been a rough one. So not thinking.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
It’s not a polaris it should still have oil pressure So hopefully you just accidentally unplugged it or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Would not having any oil equate low oil pressure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s not a polaris it should still have oil pressure So hopefully you just accidentally unplugged it or something

It started doing it after I blew the belt. So I will take it back apart and look for anything not plugged in. 3400 hard miles on original belt and finally blew it. Should it be throwing a code. How do I get the code to come up?

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Flashing low oil is a code .

1. turn key to lights on position

2. use mode button and scroll to engine hour (EH) on gauge

3. press and HOLD the mode button while quickly toggling between high and low beam ( min 3 toggles in 2 seconds)

4. If there is any P-CODES they will be displayed

Only way it works is if engine light is on. You can only pull active codes dealer has to pull code history to get previous inactive codes .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flashing low oil is a code .

1. turn key to lights on position

2. use mode button and scroll to engine hour (EH) on gauge

3. press and HOLD the mode button while quickly toggling between high and low beam ( min 3 toggles in 2 seconds)

4. If there is any P-CODES they will be displayed

Only way it works is if engine light is on. You can only pull active codes dealer has to pull code history to get previous inactive codes .
Yea no active codes it says. I dont know I give up I'm just gonna ride it till it blows.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Well if it actually has no oil pressure it won’t take long. On the other hand if the sensor is bad you will be stuck in limp mode till you replace it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if it actually has no oil pressure it won’t take long. On the other hand if the sensor is bad you will be stuck in limp mode till you replace it.
Yea no codes and it stopped flashing as much now only doea it once every few hours.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
The dealer has a flash for the older models that did that . So if it’s only doing it from time to time I would say it’s in need of the flash update or the sensor is going bad .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts