Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Commander 800 XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking for some help.
I want to switch out my stock suspension, I have finally had enough. I have settled on Elka's and have done a lot of reading. But cant seem to find the info I am looking for. My Question is what stage to buy and where to put it. I have thought about Stage 3 in the rear (To get rid of the bucking) and stock front, eventually going Stage 2 in the front. I work with my machine, but not as much as I ride trails. I am by no means racing, but driving fairly aggressively. The terrain is very rocky and rough, in the summer. But, there are smoother sandier parts with whoops. I also ride a lot in the Winter on the trails in the Snow. The 2's are nice because there is a rebound adjustment. The 3's dont have that. But the 2's dont have a piggy back reservoir. Is it much more advantageous to have a oil reservoir on a machine your not jumping, so to speak? I havent seen any really good info on what the difference is between each Stage other then the technical info. I am looking for more, what the ride differences are between stage 2 and 3. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
You want piggy backs and rebound for sure. I personally wouldn't run a shock on a commander that wasn't fully adjustable. But I'm a little picky when it comes to suspension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts