Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has one. I strongly suggest never doing any lift mods with it. I purchased longer trailing arms and front a arms so I could fit 32 terms on mine and it wasn't until i went to put the new extended axels I purchased I realized that the CV joints are completely different in the rears. After talking with Turner, Gorilla, Rhino and Cobra none of them had ever seen one before and were quite baffled by the situation. Long story short I had to send them mine so they could custom cut one. They are currently getting shipped to me but if anyone ever comes across the problem I had be prepared to have your machine sit on blocks for a while.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well that's not good, I was planning on running super atv's 6" lift with mine if I pick it up. What arms did you get? 4"? Aside from the arms not fitting how do you like the electronic diff. I am still trying to decide if I am going to pick the one I ordered up or get an XT-p the dealer has.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't think the electronic diff is very popular. On top of that with the low number of electric locker machines the amount of people that have one that want to lift it is even smaller. Pretty sure majority of people that request the locker are using it for work and light recreation. Sucks you had to find out the hard way; its a good thing axle company is making one for you. Might as well get them to make you two so when you break it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually didn't know it was even on my machine till I bought it. The dealer just saw the option when they ordered their invintory and I just so happened to be the one who bought it. I would have to say the only benifit of it is it being a little more user friendly on roads with your tires and not ripping grass up in your yard. I'm not sure how true it is but they do say it could take more of a beating. If you place it next to a normal stock diff, it is easily twice the size of one. If I had the choice of not getting one I would choose just to have the stock mainly due to the hassle of getting the axels made as well as when you break them.

I also would get that xtp. I have a 2014 xtp and I'm glad I spent the extra cash. All my friends with just xt's all wish they spent the extra money for the fox shox and rock sliders.

I would deff call super atv and talk to them about the 6 inch lift if ur getting the electronic diff bc the axels won't fit. So they would just have to sell u a kit without them. But after all said and done at that point I would get a catvos lift. Since they will be able to make you the proper axels but again you would have to send them yours to duplicate.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
dont waste money on the super atv 6...one guy just put the catvos on there bc the suepr atv one wouldnt hold up..spend the extra money..you get turner axles with it. and forget those rhino axles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you have an XTP with the electric rear diff?
Ya I have a 2014 xtp with electronic diff... And if you do have the extra cash I would go for catvos too. I don't think there's anything wrong with the super atv lift personally but I just the turner axels are the way to go. Your almost buying the kit for the axel quality

·
Registered
11 Posts
For a lift why wouldn't a person go with the 4 inch portal lift.
Leaves everything stock as far as a arms and keeps cv angles stock.
Reduces gearing by 30 % for larger tires.
Seems like a no brainer to me.
Cheaper then Catvos lift as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts