Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
27,588 Posts
If you don't have a back window and are running a front you will never stop the cab dust. The dust is baxk drafting into the cab do to the front blocking the wind. I know the guys run power windshield them wide open in summer to help keep the heat down . But most have the rear as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't have a back window and are running a front you will never stop the cab dust. The dust is baxk drafting into the cab do to the front blocking the wind. I know the guys run power windshield them wide open in summer to help keep the heat down . But most have the rear as well.

Thanks buying one now.

Thank you buying one now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

What kind works best? This one ok? 2021+ Can-Am Commander Rear Windshield

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been fighting this all summer. I ordered the new 22 commander with the same set up as my 13 commander (soft rear window, front half windshield) the dust was very minimal. But the half windshield on the 22 is only 10 inches tall and offers no protection from the wind. So I bought a full windshield from super ATV, the one with the vent on top, i think it was $380 or so. The dust was so thick we could not hardly stand it. I duct taped the holes in the skid plate where the seat belts mount, tried stuffing some rags down beside the seats, no help. put the short windshield back on and dust goes away, but evenings are starting to get cooler and a little protection from the wind would be nice. I am not sure what my next step will be, I thought about cutting the full one and using the top half of it with the short one on the bottom, but have not got that crazy YET. If someone told me the $1200 dollar electric flip up would solve my problem I would buy it in a second, but they are out of stock and no one i have talked to is in agreement. Are the full windshields with the bottom vents any better?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
A full front windshield does not work for us either. Dust so thick inside, as you described, it's miserable. Full rear window with a half (or no) front works best. We ride in the desert in Central Oregon, and the dust is pretty thick in the summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts