Can-Am Commander Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I just had to replace my stock battery with the big crank. I'm also coming up on 3 years on my cheap honda car battery strapped in under the seat with an automatic isolator. Been underwater, upside down and so on and somehow it keeps on kicking. Could be I'm just lucky tho. One of these days I'll upgrade that too.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Throwing in a second battery under driver's seat this weekend. Biggest BigCrank that will fit in the space (ETX30L [email protected] 400 CCA) Thanks Yapster on the "BatteryMart" tip. ETX30L battery, 12 each #377 batteries for laser sight and free shipping ran $114 and some change. Installing the True battery isolator so I can separate my stereo and amp upgrade which will be here Monday hopefully

·
Registered
790 Posts
I run a second battery for my stereo but it's not charged by the Commander I charge it with a Battery Tender after a run. Works great - went for 3 day runs and never had to charge it until I get home. I run an IPod to amp setup with 2 - 6.5" speakers and have run this setup for about 7 years (1 Rhino and 2 Commanders) and works great.

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
I have a optima battery under the driver seat as a second
800cca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I run a second battery for my stereo but it's not charged by the Commander I charge it with a Battery Tender after a run. Works great - went for 3 day runs and never had to charge it until I get home. I run an IPod to amp setup with 2 - 6.5" speakers and have run this setup for about 7 years (1 Rhino and 2 Commanders) and works great.

The stereo I'm running now won't run but around 2
Hours without starting the Commander up to let it charge back up. If the CD starts 1 second cut outs, it's too late for it to start on its own and I have to get out the XP-10 Micro Start to give it some go go juice.

·
Registered
790 Posts

The stereo I'm running now won't run but around 2
Hours without starting the Commander up to let it charge back up. If the CD starts 1 second cut outs, it's too late for it to start on its own and I have to get out the XP-10 Micro Start to give it some go go juice.
What do you have for a stereo?
The nice thing about my setup is that if the battery did go dead I only loose the stereo. Also it doesn't overwork the stator trying to charge batterys.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Kenwood KMR330(now discontinued) 200 watt Pyle amp (cheap-o) 2 6x9 Infinity speakers 2 6x9 Kenwwod speakers and 2 6" Kickers.
I think the amp has been wet 1 too many times and I'm getting distortion that I can't take any more. Replacing amp with Rockford Fosgate 600 watt 5 channel marine and 4 M282 Rockford Fosgate 8" (for now) will add a sub possibly later and 2 M262 6", if they will fit in the corner pods above the headrest

·
Registered
790 Posts
Kenwood KMR330(now discontinued) 200 watt Pyle amp (cheap-o) 2 6x9 Infinity speakers 2 6x9 Kenwwod speakers and 2 6" Kickers.
I think the amp has been wet 1 too many times and I'm getting distortion that I can't take any more. Replacing amp with Rockford Fosgate 600 watt 5 channel marine and 4 M282 Rockford Fosgate 8" (for now) will add a sub possibly later and 2 M262 6", if they will fit in the corner pods above the headrest
That's a lot of speakers in a Commander. Must sound pretty good. What are you using for speaker boxes for you 6x9s. I have a set of Memphis Audio 6x9 and want to install them but don't want big bulky boxes

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I built a full (roll cage) width trapezoidal box out of 16 gauge galvanized steel over 2 years ago. It's covered is black/grey blend marine carpet and has served very well for a sound chamber. I made 2 extra front panels just for the purpose of future speaker changes. Now is that time to do some upgrading/ changing things up a bit

·
Registered
12 Posts
2014 Limited

Guys, I have always run two batteries on my Outlander with switches and isolator. After looking at my 2014 Limited, I think the battery is located above the fuse panel on the firewall. Is this where they have always been on the Commander or something new? With the drivers side compartment open working on the QSC clutch, the on board air compressor is located under the driver's seat. Also, had to unbolt and move over to get the clutch cover off as well. Reason for asking is the original battery is small compared to the replacement you guys are using under the seat. I always thought it was wise to use the same size battery (same charge rates) when adding... thanks

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Guys, I have always run two batteries on my Outlander with switches and isolator. After looking at my 2014 Limited, I think the battery is located above the fuse panel on the firewall. Is this where they have always been on the Commander or something new? With the drivers side compartment open working on the QSC clutch, the on board air compressor is located under the driver's seat. Also, had to unbolt and move over to get the clutch cover off as well. Reason for asking is the original battery is small compared to the replacement you guys are using under the seat. I always thought it was wise to use the same size battery (same charge rates) when adding... thanks
I was told the same when I bought my second battery so went with the same size and haven't needed more power than the two produce.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would love to get done feed back from other Ltd owner and see where they put the aux battery. With the air compressor under the seat there's no room there. My thought was maybe in the storage compartment closest to the door. Following the wires back from the tail lights etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought a stinger isolator and started hooking it up. I have the one small terminal grounded, each larger terminal connected to the batteries. My question is where does the other small terminal connect to? It says to a true ignition source, so where is everyone connecting it? Thanks!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts