Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
To answer the original question.
If you do not run a ton of accessories,dual batteries is overkill in my opinion.
If the winch is eating up batteries,you have a winch problem.
A stereo is not going to use much power.
If it drains a battery,you are sitting too much when you should be riding.
I have been on forums,took advice and spent thousands of dollars on needless items.
just saying

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Some folks have a stereo with an amp, powered sub woofer and run lights plus are winching at times.
I plow with mine and I'm using the winch constantly for an hour or more plus have 2 sets of front lights on and tail lights plus 3 rear backup lights on when it's dark and or snowing. I needed the extra battery.

·
Registered
812 Posts
You don't need an amp.
My Commander is not as loud as my RZR was.
I had a cheap BOSS AM/FM/MP3 from Bass Pro Shop in it with 6 1/2" speakers.
I guess if you want to have it so loud that you can't talk to the person next to you then maybe you do need an amp after all.
I can't stand being on the trails and here other peoples stereo a half a mile away.
That doesn't impress me in the least.
As a matter of fact it is disrespectful to others on the trail as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Oh come on its a free country some what. You are in a Commander you can always get on that gas pedal and leave the stereo guys behind they won't follow you the rooster tail of dirt will keep them back. LOL

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Had to temporarily stop trail riding. Archery season and don't want a arrow in my tire! lol

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hey the deer are everywhere all year here you don't have to hunt just walk outside on the front porch and take one out. I seen probably 15 just trying to leave my pasture this morning. There like rabbits at my place. LOL If you walk out on the porch and you don't see deer then wait a minute they'll be right back. Its bow season here also but there not killing enough of them!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yes there's plenty of them here I'd mail you a few of them if they'd fit in an envelope then you could have your own heard in your yard. LOL

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Do you think the 185 cca is enough I was thinking we needed 300 plus cca. Let us know how it works.
I read lots of reviews for people using this battery in Big Bore bikes and having no issues so I figure this along with the stocker should work fine. I will report back.

JB
Oh I was thinking you were replacing the stocker with this battery.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts